Tim Racette is a day trader of the E-mini futures markets and swing trader of stocks. He openly shares his methods throughout the trading community and is a regular speaker at the TradersEXPO’s.
This week he talks with host Eddie Horn about the importance of setting realistic expectations when getting started in trading, risk assessment as a core competency and the value of staying focused on a clear vision.
Listen to Tim’s take on:
- [05:52] How he got started trading
- [10:35] Good routines around premarket prep
- [14:25] Market growth and opportunity
- [17:57] Fair warnings for new traders
- [22:00] Tips for getting back on track after a failure
- [33:43] The importance of a trading journal
- [37:43] Top 3 traits that make up a winning traders mindset
- [43:10] Being intentional in building good trading habits
- [46:10] Keeping things simple, clarifying ideas and stepping away from trading on occasion to remain consistent through different market conditions
- [48:38] Using trading windows, time away and mindfulness to keep focused during the trading day
- [52:10] The Eddie Question: What’s your favorite saying and why?
Be sure to catch up with Tim through Eminimind.com or find him on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube @eMiniMind.
Podcast episode production by Dante32.